Selected Publications and Presentations
• Anne Parker (University of Manitoba) and Amanda Goldrick-Jones. A Code of Ethics as a Collaborative Learning Tool: Comparing a Face-to-Face Engineering Team and Multidisciplinary Online Teams. In Writing in Knowledge Societies. Ed. Doreen Starke-Meyerring et al. Perspectives on Writing. Fort Collins, Colorado: The WAC Clearinghouse and Parlor Press. 2011.
• In Pieces: Teaching Writing In, Out, and All About. Presented at the Canadian Association for the Study of Discourse and Writing during the Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences at Carleton University in Ottawa, ON. May 2009.
In_Pieces_Presentation (PPT, 3.7 M)
• A Labour of Love: The Role of “Emotion Work” in Online Teaching. Presented at the McGraw-Hill Ryerson Teaching, Learning & Technology Conference Series at Simon Fraser University in Burnaby, BC. May 2008.
• “A Friendly Voice and a Smiling Face”: The Emotional Work of Teaching Writing Online. ACCUTE Annual Conference. Congress of the Federation of Social Sciences and Humanities, Vancouver, June 1, 2008.
ACCUTE_Presentation (PPT, 1.9 M)
• Strategies and Structures for Writing in Digital Environments. By-invitation workshop for the Canadian Association for Distance Education (now CNIE) Conference in Winnipeg, Manitoba. May 2007. Co-presented with Janice Freeman, University of Winnipeg.
• Reading and Writing Digital Texts: Communicating in Online Learning Communities. By-invitation presentation at the Canadian Association for Distance Education (now CNIE) Conference in Winnipeg Manitoba. May 2007. Co-presented with Janice Freeman, University of Winnipeg.
• The Ribbon and the Rose: Visual Rhetorics Against Violence to Women. Ethnologies (Vol. 26, No. 1, 2004): 95 – 123.
• The Harder They Fall: Pitfalls of Online Team Writing Assignments. Paper presented at the Society for Technical Communication Region 7 Conference in Calgary, Alberta. October 2003.
• Men Who Believe in Feminism. Westport, CT: Praeger/Greenwood, 2002.
• Men and Feminism: Relationships and Differences. In Gender, Race, and Nation: A Global Perspective. Ed. Vanaja Dhruvarajan and Jill Vickers. Toronto: U of Toronto P, 2002. 184-204.
• Cluster Criticism: Theory and Applications (Appendix A). Excerpted from Goldrick-Jones, Amanda. “Men in a Feminist Forum: A Rhetorical Analysis of the White Ribbon Campaign against Male Violence.” DAI 57.10A (1996): 263.